Risk Legacy

Okay gamers, I'll admit I was a little bit leery when I first heard of Risk Legacy. In terms of full disclosure, classic Risk is probably my favorite game of all time. So when I hear of a version of the game where you physically write on the board, eventually add pieces, and even throw some pieces away I wasn't sure what to think. I first thought, is this game going to be worth the investment if it all eventually may end up in the trash? After playing, however; all of my concerns have been relieved.

This version of the game allows for a more intimate feel. If I had to relate it to something, after looking back, games that you modify in this fashion may be the closest thing to playing real life Jumanji. You and your friends initially sign the board, like a contract between the players and the board, stating that your actions will be making a unique game that likely no one else in the world will ever experience.

To not romanticism the experience as much, the game is not TOO different that its classic version the first few times that you play. In fact its really quite identical, because the first game you play begins to set the tone for how the rest of your individual world will take shape. The game constantly evolves, including the rules. The box the game comes in itself contains secret compartments that you're forbidden to open until certain prerequisites are made, making replay-ability at an all time high for Risk.

Bottom line, if you have a dedicated group of players that are looking for a unique experience Risk Legacy is for you. If you're a casual gamer or play with many different players maybe stick with the classic version of Risk.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Valeria Card Kingdoms

Rattlebones

Hare and Tortoise (Remastered?)